The Emperor's New Groove Film Fun Facts
May 27, 2015 – 12:47 pm
- The story takes place in Cukso, Peru in South America. The empire is like the Mayan and they got the Emperor's name from the area where it takes place and the finished name is Emperor Kusco comming from the area name of CUSKO and all they did was change just a few letters around and set it in South America and gave it a Mayan theme.
I believe the location (Peru) and name, "Cuzco" are actually Inca - rather than Mayan - a civilization which was known for living in the high altitudes of the Andes mountains of South America.
- I don't know if it's just my overactive imagination, but at the beginning of The Emperor's New Groove, when you see Kuzco the llama for the first time, you just might see a little plant in the foreground that looks like the head of a llama.
REPORTED: Katie 06 JUN 02
- When Kuzco is laying down telling his story his back looks just like Scar.
- When Pacha is going back home after talking to Cusko for the first time, they show mountains in the background. There is a mountain in the back near the center that becomes a hidden Rafiki when the camera pans in on it.
REPORTED: Tiggeriffic 23 JUN 01
- I noticed that there is a mistake. When Yzma talks to Kronk about killing Kuzco, Kronk asks how that fits in with her being fired. Yzma responds with something like: "Only three of us know that, soon to be the two of us." However, when Kuzco is firing her, a random character appears on the screen and writes her a pink slip, making that FOUR people who knew she was fired. Also, there were probably more, considering all the guards in the room and possibly servents waiting on Kuzco's "every little whim."
REPORTED: Luke 28 SEP 01
- At Yzma's dinner for Kuzco, note that the cactus visible over Yzma's left shoulder is in the rough outline of a llama. After she pours the 'poisoned' drink into it, it changes offscreen! You see it again when she's hitting the one piece of broccoli with the other, the cactus then looks like a forward facing bust of a llama. (Not really a hint of what's going to happen to Kuzco; he's already grown llama ears by this point. But still, a funny indication of what the potion...
- The "fool" who tells Kuzco that he has to pick a bride bares a resemblance to a shaven Sultan from Aladdin. Even his voice is similar.
Oaxaca Mexico Mexican Mayan Tribal Art Boho Travel Throw Pillow Case
What is good info. About the aztec.
It was against the law to be drunk in public in the Aztec empire, unless you were over 70 years old! use the link for more info!